Tuesday, July 30, 2013

"...My homeboy, Joseph Smith." - one of our eternigators.


This week has been an exercise in diligence. I'm not going to lie; it’s been the hardest week of my mission so far. Why? Because all of our investigators either dropped us, or disappeared this week (and when I say disappeared, I mean literally, deserted houses and all...) almost every single teaching appointment we had, all week, fell through. The members didn't seem to have any friends we could go meet. Then, to top it all off, we have pretty much run out of miles due to our GPS mishap a few weeks ago. Last night I did a little math, and Sister Belyea and I have knocked on approx. 1,104 doors this week.
 

They walked so far they found themselves at the city limits.


A snake they found while walking...yuck!
 

I. Am. Exhausted...........

But… With as hard as this week was, I had a kind of cool experience in sacrament meeting yesterday. The speakers were a couple of senior missionaries that had returned the previous week, giving their homecoming talk. As I sat and listened to them recount their mission experiences in tears, I glanced across the room to my new district leader, E. Kerr, who goes home in 2.5 weeks. I thought about what it would feel like to be going home. I basically made myself super sad, thinking about it. I realized how much I'm going to miss this someday! I’m even going to miss weeks like this one :) I am so privileged to be able to do what I'm doing, to represent Jesus Christ, and to share the Truth of the restored gospel with South Carolina. It’s cool to be able to work so hard at something so important.

Anyways....

This week is MLC, and I am SUPER EXCITED!!!! For MLC this time around, President Holm is taking all the STL's and all the Zone Leaders to the temple to do baptisms, because he wants us to remember what it feels like to be baptized. I feel like it’s been so long since I've been to the temple! Plus, I get to be baptized by President Holm. I seriously can't wait until tomorrow. And guess who our ride home from Columbia is? Brother Joseph Smith and his wife. Seriously.... that’s his name.

After MLC, we have ZTM (Zone Training Meeting) where Sis. Belyea and I will probably have to train, and will hopefully find out what we're training on soon. Noooo more training like last time, please :)

Oh! Something else that happened this week: another set of sisters moved into our apartment! They're super nice, and it’s fun to have other people there.

Ya'll have a blessed day! :)

Sister Derrick
 


I mustache (must ask) you a question...Do you know Jesus?


A sign they found outside a gas station.  Just think of the things Bryndee and Sister Belyea are mission out on driving all the time...maybe using up all your miles isn't such a bad thing?


Do you know the Muffin Man?  They tried to find him but he didn't answer his door.

 
It is sooooo hot!  They are realizing they can sweat a whole lot!  Looking good girls!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment