Monday, July 7, 2014

It's A Good Thing I Love You...


Hello family!  I’m gonna to be completely honest with you…I’m not at all in the mood to write…It’s a good thing I love you!

Cool things that happened this week:

*We taught a man named Marvin.  Marvin is way cool.  We were tracting in an apartment complex when a maroon car across the complex rolls down his window and the man driving shouts “are you Jehovah Witnesses???”  Us “uhhh…nope” then all of a sudden I blurt out “we’re the Mormons!”  The man who we later find out is Marvin shouts “What?! I’ve never met female Mormons!”  and he pulls up next to us.  We chat for a sec, and set up an appointment to teach. We brought one of our recent converts with us and it was a powerful lesson.  Turns out Marvin used to be a very wealthy man, who lost everything in the economy crash.  His family left him, and he was living by himself working as a car salesman.  He’s been looking for more purpose in his life, and as we taught him the message of the restoration Sister Copeland (the member) shared her conversion story.  You could literally see the wheels spinning in his head.  The spirit was way way strong, and I’m excited to go back & teach him.

*Sharden (a 14 year old Pohnpeian we’ve been teaching) got permission from his mom to be baptized.  This is a big deal.  Sharden loves the church (he wants to go on a mission!) but until yesterday his Mom wouldn’t let him join.  I don’t know what happened, but whatever it is…I’m grateful!

*Zone conference I said goodbye to President & Sister Holm. Way emotional day!  I’m sure gonna miss them!

*Transfer calls:  I’m gonna be a training sister again…third time!  I’m excited, but also way nervous (I wonder if I’ll ever get over that…probably not)

Welp that’s my week!  Sorry this is super short…I think I’m gonna start emailing my weekly letter again now that my stint as a STL is done…my letters seem to be better that way.

Ya’ll have a blessed week!

Sister Derrick

No comments:

Post a Comment