Friday, April 4, 2014

Aye Carumba Que Pasa Aqui!


Hola Familia!
So first off, SO excited for Porter. He’s going to be a powerful missionary. Watch out Mexico!!
Second, it’s gonna be a pretty short letter this week. Next week is crazy with meetings (Mission Leadership Council, Zone Training Meeting, and General Conference) so we’re trying to get prepped.
This Week:
Exchanges with Sister Eames. We stayed here in Summerville. Cool miracle that happened: We went by Tracy, a woman who had been taught by previous Sisters and felt pressured into baptism so she stopped answering the door. We stopped by, and she was STOKED to see us! “I’ve been reading the Book of Mormon since I last met with the Sisters, and I’ve almost made it through Mosiah! I’m also getting my friend to read it, because she could use a little more Jesus in her life.” Way cool. We’re seeing her again on Wednesday.
Sister Glauser got some horrible flu. She woke up at 3 AM threw up and proceeded to run to the bathroom every 15-20 minutes for the remainder of the night. Freaky Stuff. When it was finally late enough to call someone, I called one of the older Priesthood holders in our ward. He came over, with his newly ordained son, and gave Sister Glauser a blessing, simply and powerfully commanding her to be well. Sister Glauser didn’t throw up once after that blessing. It was a huge testimony builder to me that God’s power is really here on the earth today!
Church…Paula got up and bore her testimony…sweet moment.
General Women’s Conference. Funny story…Our Bishop try as he might, could not get the projector to work. So, Sister Brimley pulled it up on her I Pad, propped it up against the microphone so we could hear, and that’s how we watched it! The Spirit of sisterhood in that meeting was incredible. Let’s not only love each other more, but love each other better.
 
Sister Glauser and Bryndee at the Women's Conference.  I love it when thoughtful members from South Carolina send me surprise texts with pictures of my girl.  
Welp, that’s my week. Quick thought…Sister Glauser and I were reading in 2 Nephi 4 and came across the age old promise “inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall prosper in the land.” But what really stuck out to me this time was the counter-promise “and inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments, ye shall be cut off from my presence.” This isn’t just talking about big commandments either…in my mind, if you’re not thinking what you should think, doing what you should do, and being what you should be; you cannot expect the guidance of the Lord. You may not even be unhappy, but you miss the abundant joy and blessings that the Father has just waiting for you. Obedience, it’s the first law of Heaven for a reason!
Well, I love you, and…Y’all have a blessed week!
Love,
Sister Derrick


 
The caption I got with this picture... "my mom's gonna kill me! I didn't take any pictures this week! quick, take one of me and my soup!"  Silly girl!


A sign at an apartment complex...crazy!


Bryndee and Sister Glauser at a fireside.  Another set of pictures texted to me from thoughtful people.
 


Sister Glauser and Bryndee teaching at  a fireside.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment